Weston A. Price Foundation Upper Delaware Chapter
The Upper-Delaware Chapter of Slow Food USA and the Upper Delaware Chapter of the Weston A Price Foundation Present a Series of Traditional Cooking Classes
Join us for re-skilling of nourishing, traditional cooking methods and help build community through potluck meetings and celebrations using local, fresh food.
Information will include:
- Transitioning to a truly healthy and delicious diet (introduction and theory) based on traditional cooking and food preparation methods.
- Hands-on preparation methods that maximize the nutritional value of local, fresh meat, vegetables, milk and eggs.
- Shopping wisely and stocking your pantry with appropriate ingredients on a limited budget using locally produced ingredients wherever possible.
- Take home samples and recipes made in classes.
Classes: 5 part series:
1) Choosing the right fats and preparing delicious and nutritious soups, broths and stews using traditional methods. Using grass fed meats from local farms.
2) Properly-prepared whole grains, nuts, and legumes using organic, local whenever possible.
3) Cultured dairy (yogurt, kefir, buttermilk) using local, licensed raw milk sources of cow and goat milk.
4) Lactic fermentation and homemade beverages (including Kombucha) You will be surprised at what you can make at home! No bottles to return!
5) Healthy quick lunches and snacks that children and adults will love. (Two children may accompany each adult to this one!)
Includes a light lunch (potlucks are always welcome to share!)
CALLICOON CENTER NEW YORK
View Larger Map
Instructors: Lucia Ruedenberg- Wright, Maria Grimaldi (Weston A. Price Foundation Upper Delaware Chapter) Jennifer McGlashen, Sally Anne Parsons Slow Food UpDeRiva
Cost: $150.00 for the course.
$30.00 per session
Membership discount for NOFA-NY members, Weston A. Price Members, PASA members and Slow Food members. $125. For the course $25.00 a session.
Credit cards accepted through PayPal on the Upper Delaware Chapter of The Weston A. Price Foundation
Or call for reservations and other payment information call Maria Grimaldi 845-482-4164